I make this beginner version chicken curry only when my dinner tends to be couscous or when I make kothu parotta but once upon a time it used to be the only chicken gravy that i knew to cook. Though it is basic it can be made with lot of variations to enhance its taste. This recipe requires no grinding but still can the curry consistency can be achieved by adding extra tomatoes. So lets to its cooking!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Chicken drumstick – 4 broken into 2
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Green chili – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric a pinch
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 cup (approx.)
How to make chicken curry with step by step images
- Chop onion, tomatoes and green chili. Wash chicken thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a pan /kadai add cumin seeds after it crackles add chopped onion and chili ; sauté it and add ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and all the dry powder including salt . Saute and cook. When the tomatoes get mushy add the chicken pieces and saute it well.
- Add water to the chicken and allow it to cook with lid covered. When the curry reaches desired consistency put off the flame.
- Serve it hot with couscous or any dish of your choice.