Vegetable masala sevai/ Vegatable masala idiyappam is a colorful, flavorful and quick to make recipe loaded with veggies and taste. Masala sevai is one such instant recipe that can be easily prepared at home by tossing cooked ready made/ packet sevai to sauteed masala veggies and serve it, because this dish requires no side accompany as it tastes yummy like that. For this recipe I used frozen veggies which can be replaced with fresh veggies of your choice. Now that sevai is available in packets in store breakfast becomes super easy and fuss free and we can have variations in our everyday breakfast and make it little more healthy and tasty. This quick recipe comes as bliss for bachelors and also working women where frozen veggies can be used for its preparation or chop the veggies before day night in order to save some time in the morning. So lets get to the making!
You may be interested in other sevai recipes below:
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|5 min||12 min||17 min||3|
- Instant sevai – ¼ packet
- Onion – ¼ cup
- Vegetables – 1 cup (Corn, carrot, beans,peas)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make Vegetable masala sevai with step by step images
- Heat water in a pot, add instant sevai to the boiling water. Immerse it in the water and put off the flame. Cover it with a lid for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes drain the water from the sevai and keep it aside. ( you can refer to the backside of the instant sevai packet as well for cooking)
- Keep the veggies ready. Heat oil in a pan/ kadai add chopped onion and curry leaves. Saute well. When onion looks sauteed add chopped veggies.
- To the veggies add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and saute veggies for a minute so that they get coated well in masala. Now add ½ cup water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame.
- When the veggies look cooked and dry add the cooked sevai and toss well. When everything looks combined put off the flame and serve it hot!
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]