Quinoa pulao is a very healthy and wholesome one pot recipe that is loaded with veggies and taste. Yes this recipe will initiate interest for all those quinoa non- eaters as well as this super delicious and equivalent to regular pulao of course with an extra nutty and crunchy texture from quinoa.This flavorful quinoa pulao is very easy and quick to prepare as it does not involve much ingredients in its making or any extra grinding to add to the taste. Adding quinoa to our diet is very important, hence yummy and easy recipes like this can help us achieve that.
Now its been 1 year since I started this blog/ website and I have been thinking to improvise it by adding even more easy recipes everyday, but have always been neglecting/ forgetting to mention about bachelor cooks/ working mom category. So from today onwards you will witness some more easy, healthy and wholesome recipe along with tips to help all those great people out there. I know the pain of bachelors/ working mom struggling to get things right everyday morning as I have seen my mom do that, since she worked as a teacher. She used to wake up at 5 in the morning make and pack lunch and breakfast for all 4 of us as she had to leave to her school bus at 6:50. So getting all those tips and tricks from her, I ll keep updating it here with all the bachelor cooking recipes.
So lets start the category with a wholesome and healthy dish! So let’s get to the step by step making of quinoa pulao with images!
You may be interested in other quinoa recipes:
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|10 min||20 min||30 min||3|
- Quinoa – 2 cup
- Mint – ½ cup
- Carrot – 1 (small)
- Beans – 8 to 10
- Potato – 1
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Green chili- 2
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make Quinoa pulao with step by step images
- Wash and soak quinoa for 10 minutes. Slice onions thin, chop mint, veggies and make slit in the green chili. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add whole spices when aromatic add onions and green chili. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste to it. Saute well till the raw smell goes.
- When the flavor of ginger garlic goes add chopped mint and saute till they shrink in size.
- Now add chopped veggies and peas, then add coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and saute for few seconds.
- When the veggies look little roasted and coated in masala add soaked quinoa and water. (I used around 3½ cups of water) Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame. This should take about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes when the quinoa looks cooked and no sign of water, put off the flame and serve it hot!
- You can chop veggies and keep it ready the before night, in order to save time in the morning.
- You can also use frozen veggies of your choice for the pulao.
- You can soak quinoa, and in the meantime chop veggies or if you have it chopped you can start the cooking to save time.
- This pulao might be slightly sticky immediately after cooking, but after it cools down it will be just like rice puloa.