Kadai paneer gravy is a delicious and lip smacking restaurant style gravy prepared with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and colorful capsicum cooked in mildly spicy onion, tomato cashew paste. Adding freshly ground coriander and red chilli powder along with kasuri methi adds to the flavors and taste of this dish. And as final touch adding cream/ milk makes the dish a more richer and tastier one. Do not panic looking at the ingredients list, all the ingredients are those that are available in the kitchen everyday, which means basic ingredients with simple making also a beginner friendly recipe! Trust me when you make this recipe and serve it to your guests or family members they will surely doubt if this is bought from restaurant as it will taste similar to restaurant kadai panner gravy. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Paneer – 8 to 10 cubes
- Onion – 1 (small)
- Green capsicum – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Yellow capsicum- ¼ cup (chopped)
- Orange capsicum – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tbsp
- Milk/ cream- ½ cup
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger Julianne – ½ tsp (for garnish)
Ingredients To roast and grind
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chilli – 2
Ingredients For grinding
- Onion- 1 (small)
- Tomato – 2
- Cashews – 6
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Restaurant style kadai paneer gravy with step by step images
- Chop onion and tomato roughly and keep it aside. Chop onion, and capsicum into cubes and keep it aside.
- In a pan dry roast coriander seeds and dried red chilli until aromatic. Allow it to cool down and grind it into powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan add chopped onion, tomato and cashews. Saute well until cooked. When the mixture looks cooled put off the flame and allow it to cool down. When the mixture gas cooled down transfer it to a blender and grind it into fine paste adding little water. I used around ¼ cup water while grinding. Now keep this mixture aside.
- Now heat oil in a new pan add chopped onion cubes and saute well. When the onions look sauteed add ginger garlic paste and saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Now when the raw smell of ginger garlic paste has gone add chopped green capsicum, yellow capsicum red capsicum cubes and ground coriander red chilli powder. Saute well for a minute.
- Now add the ground onion tomato paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add kasuri methi and little water to adjust the consistency. Allow the mixture to boil well.
- Now add milk/ cream and paneer cubes. Mix well and allow the mixture to boil for a minute and put off the flame. Add butter finally and mix well. Garnish the kadai paneer gravy with ginger julienne and serve it hot!