Eggless chocolate cake is a soft, moist and fluffy cake prepared in simple way with basic ingredients without making use of any hand blender or any technique making it a beginner friendly recipe. This eggless chocolate cake is one such quick and easy recipe that like to make for my family due to its simplicity and of course the taste. The same cake recipe can be baked in oven or steamed in idli cooker and in both cases the result sill be the same. So if you don’t own a oven or still not used to baking cakes its perfectly alright and you can try my steamed version of chocolate cake recipe. Find the link below.
So lets get to the making!
- All purpose flour- ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp heaped
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 4 tbsp (optional)
* 1 cup = 160 ml
- preheat oven at 350F/ 180 C. In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Now in another bowl add sugar and oil. Mix well until combined. Now to the sugar mixture add curd and vanilla syrup. Mix well until combined.
- Now add the flour mixture to it and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan/ cake with few drops of oil.
- Now pour the cake batter in greased pan and place it in the oven and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes or till done. when the cake looks done insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean the cake is done, but if the toothpick comes out with batter bake the cake for some more time.
- When done invert the pan, place the cake on a cooling rack to cool down. when the cake has completely cooled dust some powdered sugar on it, cut them into desired shapes and serve it!