Quinoa dosa is a healthy and tasty dosa that is very easy to prepare just like regular dosa. Quinoa dosa requires the preparation of a batter consisting of rice, quinoa and urad dal which can be used for making soft and fluffy idlies too. Quinoa dosa is healthy option to break the boredom of making regular dosa and relish it with your favorite chutney or sambar! So lets get to the making of the batter and the dosa!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Quinoa- 1 cup
- Idli rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Water – 2 cups (for grinding)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for making dosa
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Quinoa dosa with step by step images
- In a bowl add urad dal, idli rice and quinoa together. Wash 3 to 4 times until you see clear water. Soak it in enough water for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, in a wet grinder add little quantity of the soaked urad dal, idli rice and quinoa. Switch on the grinder, when it starts grinding gradually add little by little of all the soaked items.
- Grind the mixture into a smooth, thick and fluffy batter with adding water in regular intervals when needed. I used 2 cups of water for grinding but it may vary according the soaking time. But the measurement is just a guideline to get a perfect batter. Also scrap the inner sides of the grinder often to get rid of coarse rice mixture using the scrapper provided along with grinder.
- When done grinding transfer the mixture to a bowl, add required amount of salt and mix well. Allow the batter to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- In the morning give the batter a good stir and check the consistency of the batter. If it is little thick add around ¼ cup water to make a flowing consistency batter which will yield perfect crispy dosa.
- Now heat a dosa tawa, to the pour a ladle of batter and spread it like regular dosa batter. Drizzle few drops of oil and cook dosa in medium flame. When sides brown flip the dosa gently and cook till done. When dosa looks done transfer it to a plate and serve it with chutney of your choice!