Ghee cake is a super soft, moist and aromatic cake prepared with ghee and maida/ all purpose flour as the name goes. Ghee cake is so easy to prepare and is a beginner level cake as it involves no pre preparation and non cumbersome procedure. One thing I must say about this cake, whenever I make it at home the aroma of ghee just fills the house and lingers at least for 2 days but the cake wont stay that long at home as we finish it on the same day as I make very small quantity. I can say this is one of the easiest and also very delicious and melt in mouth cake that I love baking. This recipe contains egg and I have not tried egg less version of this cake yet. So February and December are the only months I bake a lot of cookies and cakes and I think I kick started this month with a lovely treat.
Below is the making video of ghee cake to make it easy for all of my beginner friends. So lets get to the making!
Ghee cake making video
- All purpose flour/ Maida – 1 cup
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
How to make ghee cake with step by step images
- Preheat oven at 350 degree. In a bowl add all purpose flour/ maida, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well and keep it aside.
- In a another wide bowl add sugar and ghee. Mix well until combined.
- Now add milk and vanilla syrup. Mix well until combined and creamy.
- Now add 1 egg (yolk and white together) and mix everything well.
- Now add the flour mixture and combine everything together to forma cake batter.
- Grease a loaf pan/ cake tray with little ghee and pour the batter in it.
- Now place the pan/ tray containing cake batter in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (After 15 minutes the aroma of ghee will fill the house)
- When done insert a toothpick in the center if the cake to check if its done. If the toothpick comes out clean the cooked fully, if it has some batter in it bake for some more time accordingly.
- Now invert the cooked cake from the pan and allow it to cool down completely by placing it on a cooling rack.
- Slice the cooled cake and serve it!