Rice flour dosa/ Instant dosa is a yummy and quick dosa with little crispy exterior and soft interior takes only 10 minutes to prepare as it involves NO SOAKING, NO GRINDING AND NO FERMENTING. This instant rice flour dosa tastes great with any chutney or sambar and looks very similar to rava dosa. This dosa recipe is very handy on days when you want to prepare something really quick with few basic ingredients without much effort. So if you are a beginner struggling to perfect your dosa batter try making this simple, easy and hassle free recipe and surprise your audience. For the below recipe store bought rice flour can be used to make perfect dosa. So lets get to the making!
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Sooji – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 (Chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 (Chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Oil – for making dosa
How to make instant dosa with step by step images
- In a bowl add rice flour, maida, sooji, salt, chopped onion, green chilli, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of water. Mix well to form a thin and flowing batter without any lumps.
- Heat a tawa and pour a ladle of batter as outer circle then pour the batter as inner circle to form dosa shape. (Perfect batter and perfect heat of tawa will only yield holes in dosa) Drizzle oil around dosa and cook till the sides brown. When sides brown flip dosa and cook till done in medium to high flame.
- When dosa looks done transfer it to a plate with chutney and instant sambar.