Javvarisi payasam/Sago kheer is a very easy, simple and delicious recipe that can be prepared for festivals or as prasadham on friday. This yummy tasting payasam/ kheer requires few simple ingredients that we usually use in making payasam. Javvarisi payasam/ sago kheer is one of my favorite recipe that usually comes first in mind when asked me to prepare for payasam. For the below recipe I soaked sago/ javvarisi/ tapioca pearls overnight in order to make it quickly also alter the sugar quantity according to your taste. So lets get to the making!
- Javvarisi/ Sago/ Sabudana – ½ cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Cashews – 5
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
How to make Javvarisi Payasam with step by step images
- Soak sago/ javvarisi in water enough to immerse it. You can soak overnight or for 4 hours. In the morning sago/ sabudana will look fluffy and will be easily mashable without much effort.
- Heat ghee in a pan add cashews and fry until golden brown in medium flame and keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan add soaked sago/ javvarisi to the ghee and roast for 1 minutes in medium flame. After 1 minutes add water and allow it boil well.
- When sago turns transparent in color add milk and mix well. Allow it to boil well. When the mixture starts to boil add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Finally add the ghee fried cashews to the payasam. Give it a stir and put off the flame. Serve it warm/ chilled!