Mooli paratha is a very light, flavorful and delicious Indian flat bread prepared with grated mooli/ radish and wheat flour. Mooli paratha can be prepared as stuffed paratha or without stuffing by incorporating grated mooli/ radish while kneading dough if you are beginner or if you want to try something new. The below recipe is without stuffing and this is how my hubby likes it and I usually make it only for him as I am not a big fan of mooli/ radish. This simple, quick and exotic flavored paratha can be prepared in no time on busy mornings for breakfast or for a meal and can be accompanied with plain curd/ yogurt or even pickle. If you are beginner in cooking you can try this recipe as it is very simple and easy to make and you can give a pat to yourself for making perfect paratha. So lets get to the making!
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Radish/ Mooli – 1 (small sized)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for making paratha
How to make mooli paratha with step by step images
- Wash, peel and grate radish and keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl add wheat flour, grated radish/ mooli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, cumin seeds, oil and chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Now add water gradually to form a soft dough. Allow it to rest for not more than 10 minutes.
- Pinch a small portion of the dough and flatten it using a rolling pin. Place the flattened dough on preheated tawa. Drizzle some oil around it and cook in medium flame as we want the mooli/ radish to be cooked. When you see brown dots on one side flip it to other side and cook till done. Serve it hot with curd.