Eggless rava fruit cake/ Eggless sooji fruit cake is one of the most simplest and beginner level cake that I first made during Christmas years back. This fruit cake does not require any pre preparation and can be made even in the last minute as it involves only mixing of all the ingredients without the use of hand blender. Eggless rava fruit cake is made with rava and regular curd replacing egg along with few basic ingredients. I baked this cake today and wished to post it the same day to help all of my beginner friends. So if you are beginner in baking you can try making this cake if you haven’t made one yet. The below fruit quantity can be altered according to your taste and preference. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Rava/ Sooji – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tutti frutti – 3 tbsp
- Apricot – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Raisins – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Cashews – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- All purpose flour/ Maida- 1 tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Eggless rava fruit cake with step by step images
- In a bowl add rava and curd. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes. (I used fine rava/ sooji)
- Meanwhile preheat oven at 350 degree and chop apricot and raisins. Now add 1 tsp maida/ all purpose flour to chopped dry fruits and toss well. This step eliminates the dry fruits sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- After 10 minutes add sugar, baking powder, oil and vanilla syrup. Mix well. At first it would look like crumbled mixture as you keep mixing it will form cake batter.
- Now add the flour dusted fruits and nuts. Fold well and don’t over mix.
- Now grease a loaf pan/ cake tray with few drops of oil. Pour the cake batter and place it in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until sides brown.
- When sides of the cake brown insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it means cake is done. (If its not done bake it for 10 more minutes) After 5 minutes invert the cake.
- Now place the inverted cake on the cooling rack. Slice the cake after it has cooled down completely. Serve it to dear ones!