Prawn masala is a spicy recipe where prawn is cooked in onion tomato gravy. It is simple to make and involves only handful ingredients in its preparation. This is one of my favorite recipe from the time I learnt cooking non veg as it does not involve any grinding and is very easy to make as well. This is also one such recipe which I craved a lot during my pregnancy and I made it often at home. I used small prawns in this recipe which makes it even more delicious but you can try it with big ones too. So lets get to the recipe quickly!
- Prawn – ½ lb
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tsp (for garnish)
How to make Prawn masala with step by step images
- Wash, clean and de vein prawn. Chop onions and tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan /kadai add chopped onion. saute it well and add ginger garlic paste. Sauté till the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and salt . Mix well and cook until the tomatoes get mushy.
- When the tomatoes get mushy add prawn and mix everything well and cover it with a lid. (No need to add water). This should take only ten 10 minutes (The more time you cook it the more rubbery it will become).
- After 10 minutes open the lid and allow the prawns mixture dry in medium flame by giving an occasional stir. when done garnish it with chopped cilantro. Serve it hot with rice, roti, chapati or dish of your choice.