Sorakaya palu kura/ Bottle gourd milk curry is a very delicious recipe packed with health. Sorakaya palu kura is prepared by cooking bottlegourd/ sorkaya without adding water and its taste is enhanced by adding milk as final step as the name goes. This recipe uses only green chilli for spiciness and also involves very basic ingredients to make it delicious. I got to know about this recipe from my neighbor post pregnancy (one good soul who took care of my baby after my delivery) and from that day I have no idea as to how many times I made this curry at home. She taught me 2 recipes with bottle gourd, since my friends requested to show curry recipe I thought to share this first. This simple and easy curry goes well with rice, roti or chapati and is a very healthy and yummy one. BELOW IS THE MAKING VIDEO OF SORAKAYA PALU KURA TO MAKE IT EASY FOR BEGINNERS. So lets get to the making!
Sorakaya palu kura making video
- Bottle gourd/ Sorakaya – 1 (small sized)
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2
- Garlic – 1
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Milk – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to make Sorakaya palu kura with step by step images
- Wash, peel and chop bottle gourd/ sorakaya into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, after it crackles add curry leaves, add chopped garlic, onion and green chilli. Saute well.
- Now add chopped bottle gourd/ sorakkaya, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and saute until combined.
- Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame without adding water.
- When bottle gourd looks cooked add milk and give it a good stir. Allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes stirring it occasionally. Do not let the mixture to boil for more than 2 minutes as it will curdle.
- When everything looks combined put off the flame and serve it with hot rice!