Brinjal pickle is instant recipe prepared by pickling fried brinjal cubes. Though this pickle is instant, its flavors and taste are much appetizing than the regular pickles that we make at home. Adding lemon juice and ground mustard fenugreek powder enhances the taste of this pickle. I got to know about this recipe from my vadina’s mom (sister- in law), who is an expert i should say in making variety of pickles. According to her instruction adding garlic would add more flavor to this pickle, so if you like garlic in your pickle you can add it while tempering. This pickle does not require any store bought pickle powder, and is made with few basic ingredients available in pantry. This pickle keeps good for 10 days when refrigerated properly in air tight container. You can serve this pickle right away, but leaving it for 2 or more hours brings out the real taste of this pickle. Below is the making video to make it more easy for beginners to try. So lets get to the making!
- Brinjal – 2
- Lemon – ½
- Oil – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Dried red chilli – 1
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Ingredients To roast and ground
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ¾ tsp
Instant Brinjal pickle making video
How to make instant Brinjal pickle with step by step images
- Heat a pan, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Roast them in medium flame until aromatic. Now allow it to cool down and grind it into powder in a blender.
- Wash and pat dry brinjal. Now cut the brinjal into cubes.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add cubed brinjal and fry them in oil in medium flame. When they look cooked transfer it to a bowl.
- When brinjal is little warm add red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and ground mustard fenugreek powder. Mix everything gently.
- Now heat the same oil used for frying brinjal, add mustard seeds, after it crackles, add channa dal and urad dal, after it turns golden brown add red chilli and curry leaves. When aromatic put off the flame and add it to the brinjal mixture. Mix well and serve. (For better taste leave it for 2 hours.)