Masala paratha is a spicy and flavorful paratha prepared by adding chilli powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder. Adding chopped cilantro to the paratha enhances the flavors and taste of this paratha even more. Masala paratha is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared with basic ingredients available in your pantry. I usually prepare this paratha for breakfast as it requires only curd as side accompany as all the flavors and spiciness are already induced in the paratha. This paratha can be prepared even by adding all dry powder and chopped cilantro while kneading dough, but the below making brings out the true flavors of the paratha. So if you are beginner you can try either of the ways. So lets get to the making!
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tap
- Water – to knead dough
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for making paratha
How to make masala paratha with step by step images
- In a bowl add wheat flour, oil and salt. Mix well and knead it into a soft dough. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Pinch a small portion of dough and roll it into thin chapati. Now sprinkle little chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and chopped cilantro.
- Now pleat the paratha from top to bottom as shown in the above picture. It is absolutely fine if little masala or cilantro falls out.
- Now roll the paratha from one edge as shown in the above picture, then roll it gently with a rolling pin to form paratha.
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled paratha on it and drizzle some oil around it. When you see brown spots on one side, flip it and cook. When done put off the flame and serve it with curd.