Egg masala sevai is a spicy, tasty and yummy one pot breakfast which requires no side dish. Egg masala sevai is prepared by tossing cooked plain sevai in onion tomato egg mixture. This is such an easy and simple recipe which can be made on a busy morning as it takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Sevai has always been one of my favorite breakfast ingredient as a variety one pot dishes can be prepared with it and most importantly they don’t need any side accompany. For the below recipe i used packet sevai and also ginger garlic paste which can be replaced with chopped ginger and garlic adding even more flavors to the dish. So lets get to the making!
- Sevai – ½ packet
- Egg – 2
- Small Onion – 1
- Big Tomato – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Chopped cilantro – for garnish
How to make Egg masala sevai with step by step images
- Cook sevai according to the instructions mentioned in your packet and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds after it crackles add chopped onion and green chili. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes. Now add chopped tomatoes, chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- When the tomatoes looks cooked and add egg in it. Scramble them and incorporate it with onion tomato mixture well.
- When the egg looks fully cooked add cooked sevai. Toss well and put off the flame. Garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve!