Microwave sweet potato chips is easy, quick, tasty and healthy snacks prepared in minutes at home using only 1 tsp oil. This sweet potato chips requires only 3 ingredients and requires only 5 minutes to make including preparation time. I used to prepare these chips when I was pregnant, as I dint want to eat any fried snacks especially store brought ones. This chips is best and super easy snacks to full fill all that small hunger and very handy on any busy day or rainy days as they work great with tea/ coffee. So lets get to the making!
The below recipe is something I already have in practice at home, moreover every microwave is different, the cook time will differ and constant watch on chips is necessary after you keep it in the microwave as it could get burnt anytime after 2 minutes. My microwave works best at 3 minutes, yours might take lesser or more time so make sure to check the chips are fried well and not burnt before serving.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Sweet potato – 1
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make instant sweet potato chips with step by step images
- Wash, peel and slice potatoes very thin using a slicer. This is the key step in getting crunchy potatoes.
- In a bowl add thin slices of sweet potatoes, salt and oil. Mix well. Now take a microwave safe plate and place wax paper/ parchment paper on it.
- Now place the thin slices of sweet potato on it forming single layer. Do not overcrowd the plate.
- Place it in the oven. Now microwave it for 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the chips as the chances of getting burnt are high after 2 minutes. My microwave does good job with 3 minutes and every microwave is different so yours might take lesser or more time. If your chips looks not done in 3 minutes, leave it for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- When done check if they are crunchy and transfer it, repeat the whole process until you finish the whole bowl. You can add chilli powder and serve!