Mohanthal is a delicious Indian dessert popular in Gujarat, is prepared during festivals and special occasions. Mohantal is traditionally prepared with besan flour, khoya, milk and garnished with nuts, but the below recipe is a quick version prepared with besan flour and condensed milk. This recipe was given to me by my Gujarati friend saying her mom prepares it in this way, and I tried it the very same day and we all loved it. Since then I have made it thrice at home and has always been a hit. So try this simple, easy and quick version of mohanthal to make your occasion more special. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Besan flour – 1 ½ cup
- Condensed milk- 1 cup
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Chopped almonds- 1 tbsp
- Chopped pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands – few
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make instant Mohanthal with step by step images
- In a bowl add besan flour and milk. Mix well and it should form crumbles.
- Now heat ghee in a pan add the crumbled besan mixture and fry in medium flame until it turns light brown color and aromatic.
- Now add condensed milk to it and mix well. Cook in medium flame with continuous stirring until the mixture thickens and leaves the pan.
- Grease a pan / plate with ghee. Now pour the mohantal mixture on the greased plate and spread it well. Now garnish it with nuts and saffron strands. Allow the mixture to cool down completely for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes cut the mohanthal into desired shapes with knife and serve!