Karasev is a spicy fried snack accompanied with evening tea or usually prepared during festivals like diwali. Karasev is made with besan, rice flour and crushed black pepper plays key role in bringing out the taste and flavors to this dish. Karasev is very easy to make as it is instant and requires no grinding as well. For the below recipe i used freshly ground pepper as it gives more taste. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Besan – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ¾ cup
- Melted butter – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1 to 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Hing – a pinch
- Oil – for frying
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Karasev with step by step images
- In a bowl add besan, rice flour, melted butter, hing, turmeric, salt and crushed black pepper. Mix well, add water gradually to form a smooth dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the above shown disc template in muruku maker.
- Take a portion of dough and place it in the murukku maker. Press the dough in oil and cook in medium flame. (As soon as you press the dough in oil, it will start bubbling). When one side is done flip it and cook the other side till the bubbles cease.
- Transfer it to a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat the process till you complete the whole dough.
- Serve it!