Oats ven pongal is a simple, healthy and easy to make recipe which can be prepared in very less time. Oats ven pongal is prepared with oats and moong dal, in the same method we prepare regular ven pongal. I usually prefer making oats ven pongal as it is wholesome and boosts up the energy for the day. Oats pongal will taste similar to regular pongal and is more mushy in texture so it easily digested as well. Try this oats pongal and you will surely fall in love with it like me. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Moong dal – ½ cup
- Water – 1 ¼ cup (approx.)
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cashews – 6
- Peppercorn – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¾ tsp
- Chopped ginger – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves a spring
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make oats ven pongal with step by step recipes
- Cook moong dal in pressure cooker with water for 2 whistles. After the pressure subsides mash dal and keep it aside.
- In a pan add water, after it boils add oats in it and cook.
- When oats look cooked add mashed moong dal and salt. Mix well, when everything looks combined put off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a small pan, add chopped ginger, cumin seeds, peppercorn, cashews and curry leaves. When aromatic put off the flame and pour it over hot oats pongal. Mix well and serve it hot with sambar and chutney!