Tawa pulao is a rice dish prepared by tossing cooked rice in spicy veggie mixture. This yummy tasting spicy pulao loaded with veggies and flavors can be prepared with fresh or leftover rice. I must thank my friend as I got to know about this tawa pulao from my her during a dinner at her home. I have made this recipe a lot of times since then and thought to share it in my blog today. This is a easy and super delish recipe with unique taste from regular pulao and involves no grinding. So lets quickly get to the making!
- Cooked basmati rice – 1 cup
- Small Onion – 1
- Tomato ( Big size)- 1
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Chopped carrot – ¼ cup
- Chopped beans – ¼ cup
- Chopped potato – 1
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Pav bhaji masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to make tawa pulao with step by step images
- Heat oil in a tawa add cumin seeds after it crackles add sliced onions. Saute well add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw flavor goes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala powder and salt. Mix well and let the tomatoes cook. When the tomatoes have cooked add all the veggies and give it a good stir.
- Add 1 cup water and allow the veggies to cook. When the veggies have cooked and looks dry add the cooked basmati rice and mix gently. When done put off the flame and garnish it with chopped cilantro. Serve it hot with raita!