Mambazha kuzhambu is a aromatic, sweet, spicy and tangy recipe prepared by cooking ripe mangoes in spicy tamarind juice. This kuzhambu is very delicious with every drop containing mango taste, so it is a bliss for mango lovers. Mambazha kuzhambu is very easy to make and has very basic ingredients in its making. This is again my grandmas recipe and I have always enjoyed its taste since childhood in my mom’s cooking. I found these tiny yellow beauties in flea market and was immediately reminded of this recipe and bought them as its been years since I made this recipe. This recipe involves no grinding. So lets quickly get to the making!
- Small ripe mango – 3
- Small onion – 1
- Tamarind – big gooseberry size
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
How to make Mambazha kuzhambu with step by step images
- Wash and slit mangoes. Slice onion thin.
- Soak tamarind in water and extract tamarind juice.
- Heat oil in a kadai/ pan add mustard seeds after it splutters add cumin seeds after it crackles add curry leaves and thinly sliced onions. Saute well, add ripe mangoes, chili powder and sambar powder. Give it a good stir.
- Add tamarind juice and salt. Mix well and allow the mixture to boil well in medium flame. When the kuzhambu starts thickening and oil separates in the sides put off the flame and serve it hot with rice.