Khaman dhokla is a delicious gujarati recipe prepared with besan flour. It easy to prepare and instant as well. Dhokla can be prepared in lot of varieties and this recipe is my favorite till date and love it for its soft, fluffy and spongy texture. For the below recipe i used eno fruit salt as it is an instant recipe and i have omitted coconut for tempering and green chili paste in making the batter as i like it that way. So lets get to the making!
- Besan/ Gram flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ tsp
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Water – ¾ cup water
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Eno fruit salt – 1 tsp
- Cilantro for garnish.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Chopped Green chili – 2
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Curry leaves a spring
How to make Khaman dhokla with step by step images
- In a bowl add besan, salt, sugar, oil and lemon juice. Mix it well then add curd and water to the besan mixture and it should form batter.
- Now add eno fruit salt to the batter and immediately you will see the batter become frothy and it will double in quantity. Heat water in steamer and grease a tray with oil.
- Then pour the batter in the greased tray and steam it for 10 – 15 minutes.
- When done insert a toothpick in the center to check if it is cooked. Then invert the tray and take the dhokla out gently.
- Then take a small pan add oil, mustard seeds, after it splutters add green chili, sugar and curry leaves. Then add water to it and put off the flame.
- Now add the tempering over the cooked dhokla and cut them into pieces and garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve it.