Donut is a fried dessert food which can be prepared easily at home or store brought. It is made out of all purpose flour and comes in different shapes and sizes and also with variety of toppings and colors as well. The most popular donut shapes are round. This recipe holds ingredients that are easily available at home and can also be prepared easily. I prefer chocolate and coconut donut so i topped them with it. So lets get to the making.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Yeast – 5 grams
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla syrup – ½ tsp
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Take warm water in a bowl add yeast and a tsp of sugar and set aside for 10 minutes to achieve frothy yeast mixture.
- In a bowl add egg, vanilla syrup and milk; whisk everything together.
- In another bowl add all purpose flour and sugar. Mix well and add egg mixture and frothy yeast. Combine everything together and knead it into a dough.
- Now incorporate butter into the dough and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour the dough should have doubled in size. Now flatten the dough with rolling pin with 1/3 thickness. Cut the dough into round shape with the help of cap or cutter then allow it to rest for 10 minutes covered with cloth.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and slide donuts one be one and fry them in medium flame in order to achieve even coloring and cooked inside. When done remove from heat.
- Serve it as it or top it with chocolate, coconut, powdered sugar or any other topping of your choice.