Bread kuzhi paniyaram is an easy and quick to make snack/ breakfast/ mini tiffin prepared by steaming tempered bread batter in appe pan (vessel consisting mold). It can be made in both sweet and savory versions. This bread paniyaram can be prepared with fresh bread or left over ones and also tastes different from regular paniyram prepared with idli batter. Trust me no will find its bread kuzhi paniyaram / guntapongalu unless you tell them. So let’s get to the making.
- Bread – 6 slices
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Semolina / Sooji/ Rava – 1 tbsp
- Curd – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 (small sized, chopped finely)
- Grated Carrot – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
How to make bread paniyaram with step by step images
- Make the bread slices into small pieces. In a blender add the bread pieces and make it into bread crumbs.
- In a bowl add bread crumbs, curd, rice flour, semolina / sooji and salt then mix everything well.
- Combine everything well and add water gradually to make it into thick batter.
- Chop onions and green chili; shred the carrots and keep it aside. Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, after it splutters add urad dal, after it turns golden brown add curry leaves, onions and saute for a minute then add shredded carrots and saute for a minute.
- Now add this to the bread batter and mix well.
- Now smear oil in each paniyaram mold then add bread paniyaram batter in each mold.
- Now cover it with lid and cook. Then remove the lid and flip each one gently and cook till done. Now transfer it to a plate. Serve it hot!