Garlic Naan is an enhancement to the regular naan which is an Indian bread. It is known for its soft spongy texture and also for its oval shape. This recipe includes mild garlic flavor and the aroma of fresh cilantro which will initiate the desire for anyone to eat. So lets get to its making.
- Maida/ All purpose four – 2 cups
- Warm water – ¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Yeast – 3 grams
- Garlic -2
- Cilantro few
How to make garlic nan with step by step images
- Take warm water and add yeast and sugar to it. Stir it well and let it stand for 10-15 minutes until it gets frothy.
- Now in a bowl add flour, salt and yeast mixture.
- Combine everything together and knead into soft dough and allow it to rest for 1 hour so that it doubles in size.
- Take the risen dough and knead it once gently.
- Now take a ball of dough and roll it into naan shape using rolling pin( I chose oval shape).
- Spread the chopped garlic on it and roll it gently once.
- Heat a tava and place the rolled naan and smear some butter around it. Flip it gently when u see it puffing and cook till done.
- Serve it hot with palak paneer or curry of your choice.