Pita bread popularly known as Arabic bread is something I love baking at home just to see how beautifully they puff and also for the aroma that lingers in the home . I always bake my own bread and I can bet u its worth the time spent. For this recipe I will be using all purpose flour in high ratio compared to whole wheat flour as I like it that way. So lets bake them!
- All purpose flour – 2 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/4th cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Yeast – 4 grms
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
How to make Pita bread with step by step images
- Take 1 cup warm water and dissolve yeast and sugar and set it aside for 10 mints or until frothy. In a big bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and oil and set aside.
- When the yeast has become frothy add it to the bowl and knead it well into a soft dough.Now cover the bowl with plastic cover and set aside for 2 hours so that it doubles in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size punch it and knead it again gently on a dusted surface.
- Preheat oven at 400 degree with baking tray placed in the lower rack of the oven. Divide them into equal balls.Now cover it again with muslin cloth for 10 mins so that they rise a bit.Flatten each ball of dough just like roti .
- Now place them in the tray and bake for 3 mins or remove when u see them puff.( I placed 2 flattened dough at a time and repeated the process).
- Serve it with tahini sauce, falafel or dish of your choice.