Falafel hails from middle east an d that is how i got used to it. It was my father who made me addictive to falafels. I still remember the days when my father used to get these falafels so hot while returning home from office. me and sister would always crave for the pickles that come as side accompany for these. Falafels are made with ground chick pea/ garbanzo beans and parsley acting as key ingredients and fried in oil. It is healthy and delicious too. I bake my own pita bread and use falafels as stuffing along with tahini sauce and they will taste absolutely delicious. Anyone from middle east reading this blog will know the real taste. So let’s fry them!
- Channa/ garbanzo beans – 1 cup
- Parsley – 1/4th cup
- Garlic – 2 to 3 pearls
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4th tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper crushe – 1/4th tsp
- Oil for frying
How to make falafel with step by step images
- Soak channa/ garbanzo beans overnight. Chop onions, parsley and garlic.
- Now in a food processor add channa /garbanzo beans chopped onion, parsley, and garlic.
- Now to the same add crushed pepper, salt, rice flour and coriander powder to it.
- Grind everything together coarsely. The consistency is very important to get crispy outer and soft inner. Now transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and start making medium sized balls with the falafel mixture. Flatten the balls and slide one by one slowly in oil. Cook them in medium flame so that you get even coloring and inside gets cooked.
- Serve it hot with tahini sauce and fresh pita bread.