Pav baji is one such fast food that I relished from my childhood days. Bhaji a nutritious masala dish cooked with veggies and served with freshly baked buns makes meal complete. I usually bake pav buns myself at home and don’t prefer to buy it from stores because fresh homemade products can never be beaten by store brought ones. So without dragging too much lets get to the making of bhaji masala !
- Medium sized potatoes – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 10 nos
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pav baji masala – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Cilantro for garnish
How to make Pav bhaji masala with step by step images
- Chop carrots, beans, potato. Pressure cook chopped carrots, beans, potato and peas for 2 whistles. After the pressure has subsided mash the vegetables with a masher. Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Now heat a pan or kadai with oil add cumin seeds when it crackles add the chopped onions and saute till they become slightly brown.
- Add tomatoes along with all the dry powder including salt and saute.
- When the tomatoes become mushy add the mashed veggies and mix well. Now add water to get the bajji consistency and allow it to boil ( I used the water with which I boiled veggies). Put off the flame when it reaches desired consistency.
- Serve it hot with fresh pav buns.