The birth of this recipe took place when I accidentally dropped wheat flour onto the mashed potatoes that i had kept it ready to make aloo paratha. So with no time left for dinner I continued mixing it and made a poori dough. Though i made it without any prior knowledge about it was rated 5 star by my husband. Aloo poori is easy to make as it can be prepared instantly without having to rest the dough and will taste delicious. So lets get to the recipe!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Boiled potato -1
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Chopped cilantro – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4th tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder – 1/4th to 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4th to 1/2 tsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make aloo poori wth step by step images
- Boil the potatoes and then mash the potatoes with masher.
- Combine all the above ingredients and knead into a firm dough adding few drops of oil. Since there will be enough moisture in the mashed potatoes there will be no need to add any water. But you need to add water u can but very little.
- Now divide them into equal portions and roll the dough flat into poori.
- Now when the oil is hot enough drop the rolled poori and when it puffs flip it to the other side and drain the excess oil using paper towel.
- Tastes better when served hot!