Egg rice/Guddu rice/Muttai sadam is a very easy and quick to make rice variety that can be prepared either with freshly cooked rice or left over rice. Egg rice can be easily packed in lunch box as it is mess free recipe and simple sauce to accompany with it makes the meal a complete one. Just handful ingredients to turn your cooked rice a very flavorful and protein rich one. For this recipe I added cilantro in the cooking to give more flavor to the rice and make it even more tasty, If you don’t like it you can skip that step, also the rice used in this preparation is regular cooked raw rice , you can also make use of cooked Basmati rice which will add more flavors to the recipe. So lets get to the making!
- 1. Cooked rice - 1½ cup
- 2. Egg - 4
- 3. Onion - 1
- 4. Green chili - 2
- 5. Ginger garlic paste - ¼ tsp
- 6. Crushed pepper - ¼ tsp
- 7. Salt - to taste
- 8.Chopped Cilantro - 1 tbsp
- 9. Oil - 1 tbsp
- * 1 cup = 235 ml
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions and green chili. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste when raw smell has gone break 4 eggs in it and scramble them.
- Now add crushed pepper and salt. Give it a quick stir then add cooked rice and chopped cilantro. Mix everything well and serve it hot.
How to make egg rice with step by step images
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions and green chili. Saute well. When onions look sauteed add ginger garlic paste and saute well till raw smell is gone. When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone break 4 eggs and scramble them.
- Now to the scrambled eggs add crushed pepper and salt. Give it a quick stir then add cooked rice and chopped cilantro. Mix everything well and serve it hot.