Quinoa kheer is a one such delicious dessert that I have tasted till date, yes a nutty flavored kheer with mild crunchiness perfectly powered with cardamom powder and sweetness is a real treat for our taste buds and a bliss for kheer lovers. As always my recipe will not include any tough procedures or extra work but still achieve deliciousness through simple and easy strategy which goes the same with this recipe too. Yes this kheer recipe includes all those everyday ingredients and takes about 15 to 20 minutes only to prepare and also is loaded with lot of health benefits. Quinoa a healthy ingredient that needs to be in our everyday diet can be consumed in many delicious form and one such recipe will be this kheer. So don’t wait, put on your aprons and get to the kitchen. But before that lets get to the making!
You can check my other quinoa recipes below:
- Quinoa – ¼ cup
- Milk – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped almonds- 1 tbsp
- Chopped pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands- few (for garnish)
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make Quinoa kheer with step by step images
- Wash and soak 1/4 quinoa in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes drain the water and keep the quinoa side.
- Heat a pan add 1 tsp ghee, now add the soaked quinoa and roast for few seconds. Now add 1 cup water and mix well.
- Allow it to boil well with lid on in medium flame. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes. When the quinoa looks cooked add 1 ½ cup milk and allow it to boil.
- When the milk starts to boil add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and add chopped pistachios and almonds. Put on the lid and allow it to boil for 2 more minutes.
- When everything looks combined put off the flame. Serve it warm or chilled garnished with nuts and saffron!