Bread Ras Malai is an instant and easy version of regular ras malai where the preparation time and cumbersome procedure is reduced. Bread ras malai is a delicious dessert that can be prepared easily with very few ingredients at home in very less time. I made this ras malai to celebrate a very special day that happened 10 years back, yes its been 10 years since my hubby proposed me, I wished to make something else but was down with fever and cough so thought to make this easy recipe as I couldn’t resist myself from making any sweet for that day.
So back to the recipe! This recipe is a beginner friendly recipe and if you are someone who is struggling to perfect your ras malai recipe, meanwhile you can serve your family these delicious ras malai. Just one thing to remind, place the bread roundels in the rabri prepared just before serving to avoid sogginess. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Bread – 2 slices (makes 8 ras malai)
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Warm milk – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands – few
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ¼ cup (adjust according to taste)
- Chopped pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Chopped cashews – 1 tsp
- Chopped almonds – 2 tsp
Ingredients For garnish
- Chopped Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Chopped almonds – 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands – few
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make instant bread rasmalai with step by step images
- In a tbsp of warm milk add few saffron strands, mix and mash the saffron well in milk and the milk will turn light yellow in color. Keep it aside.
- In a pan/ pot add 1/3 cup water and then add 2 cups milk. Mix well. Add water first in the pot eliminates burning of milk in the bottom. Allow the milk to boil.
- When the milk starts to boil add the saffron milk mixture, sugar, cardamom powder and chopped nuts. Mix well and allow the milk to boil well in medium flame till it reaches ½ of its quantity.
- So when the milk has reduced to half quantity put off the flame and allow it to cool down. After it has cooled down refrigerate for an hour.
- Meanwhile take a bread slice, using a round cutter or any cap cut roundels of bread and discard the extra bread pieces.
- Now in a bowl of chilled rabri place round bread pieces and pour little chilled milk mixture/ rabri over it. Garnish it with chopped nuts and saffron strands then serve it immediately.