Peas paratha (without stuffing) is a healthy, yummy and very flavorful paratha prepared in the most simplest and hassle free method with few basic ingredients that is always available in kitchen. This paratha is prepared by adding green peas cilantro paste to wheat flour mixture, which is kneaded into soft dough then rolled and cooked, sounds simple right. This paratha recipe was once upon a time my very handy recipe when I dint know to roll stuffed paratha properly. This recipe yields very soft paratha with that beautiful green color making it appetizing to eat, so my dear beginner friends if you are looking for any simple, easy yet delicious and different recipe this could be your choice! So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
Ingredients For grinding paste
- Green peas – ¼ cup (boiled)
- Cilantro – ¼ cup
- Green chilli – 1
- Water- for grinding
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make peas paratha with step by step images
- In a blender add boiled green peas, green chilli and chopped cilantro. Grind it into fine paste adding little water. Keel the ground paste aside. I used around 2 tbsp water to grind the paste.
- In a wide bowl add Wheat flour, cumin seeds, salt, oil and ground green peas paste. Mix well. Add water gradually to form a soft dough.( I used around 3 to 4 tbsp of water while kneading dough) Allow the dough to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes knead the dough once, then punch medium sized portion of dough roll into medium sized circle using a rolling pin just like regular chapati. Repeat the whole process till all the dough us finished.
- Heat a tawa, and place the rolled paratha on it, drizzle some/ ghee around it and cook in medium flame. When brown spots appear flip the paratha and cook till done.Transfer the cooked paratha to a plate and serve it hot with any gravy of your choice!