Besan cheela/ Besan chilla/ Besan ka cheela is an instant, quick and easy to make breakfast that can be prepared in very less time. Besan cheela is a spiced Indian pancake that requires very basic ingredients in its making that is always available in our pantry. This soft and spongy cheela recipe does not require any fermentation, no soaking and no grinding making it very easy for beginners to also cook. The only key to get perfect cheela is to add right amount of water, to form a flowing consistency batter. Consider making this recipe when you want to try something different for your breakfast and serve it with any spicy chutney to tickle your taste buds. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Besan – 1 cup
- Water – ½ to ¾ cup
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Onion – ¼ cup ( finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Besan cheela with step by step images
- In a bowl add besan flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, chopped onion, green chilli and cilantro. Mix well using a spoon.
- Now add water gradually to form a batter. The batter should be of flowing consistency. I used water around ½ to ¾ cup.
- Heat a tawa. Now pour a ladle of batter on a preheated tawa and spread the batter like regular dosa batter. Drizzle some oil around it. Cook dosa/ cheela/ chilla in medium flame.
- When sides brown flip dosa gently and cook till done. When done transfer it to a plate and serve it hot with spicy chutney.