Quick vegetable biryani is a really quick and yummy tasting biryani where rice and veggies are cooked both in milk and water making the rice more flavorful and appetizing. This vegetable biryani does not require the usage of mint and cilantro which makes it different in taste and preparation from regular biryani. For the below recipe I replaced half the portion of water with milk and also made it little spicy. Below is the making video of quick vegetable biryani to make it easy for my beginners friends. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
Quick vegetable biryani making video
- Bay leaf – 1
- Clove – 1
- Cinnamon stick – ½
- Cardamom – 1
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
How to make vegetable biryani with step by step images
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Wash and chop veggies, slice onions thin and make slit in green chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaf, clove, cinnamon stick and cardamom. When aromatic add sliced onion and green chilli. Saute well.
- Now add ginger garlic paste. Saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Now add chopped veggies, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook the veggies for a minute so that they get coated well in masala.
- Now add milk to it and mix well. Finally add soaked rice and water. (I used 11/4 cup water) Mix everything well and check for salt.
- Now transfer the mixture to electric rice cooker and cook till done. ( If using pressure cooker cook for 3 whistles).
- When the rice looks done allow it to rest for 5 minutes then take it from the sides using spatula and fluff it gently. Serve it hot with raita!