Coconut cake is one of the most delicious cake that I have ever made since the time I learnt to bake cakes. I am a big fan of coconut macroon, coconut cake and also coconut donuts. My love for coconut stops with pastry but not fond of it in regular cooking. Eggless Coconut cake is a very easy and simple to make cake that can be made even by beginners as it does not involve any cumbersome procedure and requires just incorporating every ingredient together to form a perfect cake batter. Coconut cake is a very delicious recipe with grated coconut in very bite, little crispy bottom and spongy texture will be adored by both kids and adults. For the below recipe I replaced egg with condensed milk because of which i reduced the quantity of sugar a bit and also used desiccated coconut if you are looking for some different cake recipe to bake for this new year you can try making this delicious cake which will be adored even by coconut non- eaters. I baked this cake yesterday only and couldn’t resist to post it today along with video though I am extremely tired after a long trip and an hectic day. Below is the making video of coconut cake to make it easy for beginners. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
Eggless coconut cake making video
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
- Desiccated Coconut – ½ cup
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
Hoe to make eggless coconut cake with step by step images
- Preheat oven at 350 F/ 180 C. In a bowl add all purpose flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- In another wide bowl add sugar and oil. Mix well until combined. Now add condensed milk and milk. Mix well until combined.
- Now add vanilla syrup and mix well.
- Now add flour mix mixture and mix well until combined and looks like cake batter.
- Now add desiccated coconut and fold in the batter gently. Do not over mix.
- Grease a loaf pan/ cake pan with few drops of oil. Now pour the cake batter in loaf pan/ cake pan.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes or till done. (I had some more batter for which i used another loaf pan so that’s why there are two pans) When done insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Invert the cake gently and allow it to cool down in a cooling rack. Slice it into desired shapes and serve!