Methi pulao/ Methi pulav is one such wholesome and healthy recipe packed with flavors and taste that can be easily made in very less time with just few ingredients. This pulao can be accompanied with any spicy curry as gravy as this recipe uses just green chilli for spiciness but will hold all the flavors and taste of a regular pulao and anyone who does not like methi leaves will just fall for one spoon of this yummy pulao. Below is the methi pulao making video to make it easy for beginners. So lets get to the making!
Methi pulao making video
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Methi leaves – ½ bunch
- Onion – 1 (small size)
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½
How to make Methi pulao with step by step images
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water.
- Take fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves, pinch the leaves and discard stem. Triple wash leaves before chopping to get rid of dirt and sand. Now drain the excess water and chop the leaves and keep it aside.
- Slice onions thin and make a slit in green chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick. When aromatic add sliced onion and green chilli. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste. Saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and after a minute add the soaked rice and water.
- Transfer it to electric rice cooker and cook till done. (If using pressure cooker cook for 3 whistles) When the rice is done allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Take the rice from the sides and fluff it gently. Serve it hot with raita or spicy curry of your choice!