A very easy and yummy rice pulao with flavors of spices and peas when dipped in mint raita can make anyone meet extreme heights of deliciousness. This pulao can be prepared quickly and i prefer to do it at least once a month only on Fridays as it is my laundry day and also involves a lot of cleaning work. So this recipe is very handy for me during busy days. So lets get to the making!
- Peas – 1 cup
- Basmati rice – 2 cup
- Mint – ½ cup
- Green chili – 2
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon stick – ½
- Cardamom – 1
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. Chop onions, mint and make slit in the chili.
- Heat oil in a pan add whole spices when aromatic add onions and green chili. Saute well and add ginger garlic paste to it, when the flavor of ginger garlic goes add chopped mint and saute till they shrink in size.
- Now add peas and dry powders including salt. Mix well.
- Now add curd and mix everything well. Allow everything to blend well.
- Give it a stir and add soaked rice and water. Transfer it to electric rice cooker and cook or when using pressure cooker cook for 3 whistles.
- Serve it hot with mint raita.