Brinjal fry /eggplant fry is a simple and spicy recipe which can be prepared with basic ingredients from your pantry. I regretted for not trying this recipe for a very long time as this brinjal/eggplant fry went so well with tomato pappu for lunch. I am glad that I tried it and happy to share it in my blog. This is a very easy recipe and requires no pre preparation and the key point in making this fry is that brinjal/eggplant needs to be cooked in oil without adding water. Trust me it was so yummy. So lets get to the recipe.
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Brinjal/Eggplant – 6 nos
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil -1 tbsp
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make Brinjal fry with step by step images
- Wash and cut brinjal/eggplant into cubes.
- Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds after it crackles add cumin seeds after in splutters add curry leaves and cubed brinjal/eggplant.
- Now add all the dry powders along with salt and saute well.
- Cook for 10- 20 minutes in medium flame without adding water as it needs to be cooked in oil. (If u need sprinkle water)
- Serve it hot with rice and tomato pappu.