Tindora thovayal / pachadi is a tangy and spicy recipe hence it can be used as side accompany or can be mixed with hot rice. Pachadi is more easy to make and tastes delicious more than vepudu/ fry / poriyal. I prepare it either when I am not in mood to make poriyal or when I have less time to cook so i can eat it with rice. So if u get trapped in any such situation try making this recipe! So lets grind it!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Sliced Tindora – 1 cup
- Small onion – 1
- Grated coconut – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 2
- Dried red chili – 2
- Tamarind gooseberry size
- Slice tindoras and chop onions.
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make kovakkai thovayal with step by step images
- Heat oil in a pan add red chili when aromatic add onions , tamarind and garlic. Saute until onions turn little brown then add sliced tindoras along with salt cook till it get soft.
- When the tindoras are done remove it from flame. Now in the same pan add grated coconut and saute till they become slightly brown.
- Now cool the mixture and transfer it to blender and grind it into paste without adding water.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds after it splutters add urad dal and curry leaves. Put off the flame when urad dal turns golden brown and pour it over the pachadi mixture.
- Serve it with hot rice.