Apple cupcake is a simple, healthy and nutritious cake which is very easy to prepare at home from scratch and can be made even by beginners and surprise their audience. This requires no hand blender and can be prepared using whisk. This is one of the ways I utilize apples at home and this cake can be relished even by apple hatters . So lets get to the ingredients and then to the baking.
- Small apple – 1
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Melted butter – 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 3/ 4th cup
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla syrup – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Walnut – 4
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make apple cupcake with step by step images
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan and add chopped apples and 1 tbsp sugar. ; saute till the apples cook and shrink. They need to look golden brown. Make sure not to burn them as they will change the cake color and taste.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter and let it cool down. Now in a bowl add sugar, eggs and vanilla syrup. Beat until combined.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix well. Now add the cooked apples into the flour mixture and fold well. Do not overdo.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree.Take a muffin tray and arrange the cup cake sheets and fill them with batter. Make sure to fill the cups only half as they will rise. Now place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Before taking out of the oven insert a toothpick in the center to check if the cake is done. The toothpick should come out clean if not bake for 10 more minutes. when done allow them to cool down.
- Serve it with frosting of your choice.