This one pot dish is one of my favorite biryani in veg series as it does not require proper cuttings of veggies. I usually struggle a lot to cut veggies I mean to maintain to cut it in perfect shape and especially for vegetable biryani it’s a long struggle. My husband cuts veggies very neatly so on weekdays when he is at work this mushroom biryani is so handy for me because its easy to cut mushrooms. This has been my weekday recipe since I started cooking and I am to share my recipe here. So lets get to that!
- Mushrooms – 10 nos
- Rice – 2 cups
- Mint – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Star anise – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2
How to make mushroom biryani with step by step images
- Wash and soak rice in water. Wash and clean mushrooms well. Chop onions, mint, mushrooms ( chop just before cooking) and make a slit in green chili.
- Heat oil in a pan add oil, whole spices; when aromatic add onions and green chili. Saute till lightly brown then add ginger garlic paste. Saute till the the raw flavor of ginger garlic paste goes.
- Now add mint and saute till they shrink. Now add the chopped mushrooms along with all the dry powders including salt and saute till the raw smell of powder goes.
- Add curd to it ;Mix everything well and cook till mushrooms are half done.
- Now add soaked rice and add water to it and check salt. Now give it a quick stir and transfer it to rice cooker and cook till done. ( If using pressure cooker let it cook for 3 whistles).
- Serve it hot with tomato raita.