Daikon radish a variety popularly grown by home gardeners as it can be grown without much trouble. They can be eaten raw in salads or consumed boiled, baked or fried. They can be pickled too.A pI Daikon radishes are a good source of vitamin C, phosphorus and potassium. Daikon radishes contain vitamins C and B6, ascorbic acid and calcium. They aid in digestion as well.
How to grow radish
- As these are cool season crop radish seeds need to be sown during fall or before early spring approaches. Radish seeds germinate quickly in cold season.
- Radish requires full sun.
- Sow the radish seeds directly in the soil 6 inch deep. The soil needs to be loose and packed with nutrients. They prefer good compost worked into the soil.These plants hate any interruptions in growing and hence cannot be transplanted.
- The plants emerge within 6- 10 days.
- Water the plants regularly and evenly.
- Keep fertilizing the plants from initial stage. Every 2- 3 weeks.
- The plants grow bigger in size as the days pass.
- Daikon radish can be harvested approximately after 60 days of harvesting.