The sequoia strawberry is popularly grown by home gardeners as it is easy to grow and
they produce june bearing strawberries and is one of the tastier varieties June bearers are traditionally grown and produce single flush of flowers and many runners.. It can be easily grown in pots and is widely grown in california.
How to grow strawberries
- Plant them in well moist and well drained soil.
- They require full sun.
- Water the plants regularly to keep the soil moist throughout the produce season.
- The fertilizer requirement is very less for strawberries. Over fertilizing will produce lush leaf groth at the expense of fruits.
- Harvest them when they are ripe enough otherwise they may not taste sweet.
- Protect the plant from bird feasting and slugs.