Egg paniyaram/ Chettinad Muttai paniyaram is a soft, fluffy and delicious savory appe/ paniyaram made with eggs and idli batter. Egg paniyaram with spicy chutney can be served as evening snacks/ mini tiffin/ breakfast sounds great right? Egg paniyaram though the dish name might sound a little fancy it is very simple to make and does not involve much of ingredients nor work for its preparation. I learnt this recipe from my MIL and so happy to share it in my blog. If you are looking for a simple yet yummy egg recipe for this Sunday then this should do the job. So lets get to the making!
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|10 min||15 min||25 min||3|
- Eggs – 2
- Idli batter – 1 cup (homemade)
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp+ required amount for making paniyaram
* My 1 cup = 235 ml
How to make egg paniyaram with step by step images
- Chop onions and green chili. keep it aside. Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, after it splutters add urad dal, after it turns golden brown add curry leaves, onions and green chilli. Saute for a minute. When the onions look sauteed put off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Meanwhile in a wide bowl break 2 eggs. Whisk it really well till you see bubbles. Now add idli batter to the beaten eggs.
- Now to this mixture add salt and pepper. Mix well. Finally add the sauteed onion mixture to the egg batter and mix well.Keep this mixture aside.
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram/appe pan smear some oil and add batter in each mold. Now cover it with lid and cook.
- Then remove the lid and flip each one gently and cook till done. Now transfer it to a plate and serve it hot with spicy chutney and coffee.