Dill leaves vada is a very nutritious and delicious vada prepared with channa dal/ bengal gram and dill leaves. Soya leaves/ Dill leaves carry lot of health benefits and their addition in our daily diet is very important. Dill leaves taste something similar to caraway seeds and little like parsley according to me. Dill leaves vada is a very flavorful, slightly spicy and very easy to make recipe without involving much of work or pre preparation demanding everyday ingredients. Yes similar to masala vada recipe slightly modified in preparation makes all the difference. Yes the herb gives this vada a different taste and much more aromatic than the regular one which will make anyone try at least one vada. So next time when you shop for grocery don’t forget to pick a bunch of dill leaves to add much of its goodness in your diet! So lets get to the making!
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME||SERVES|
|3 hrs 10 min||10 min||3 hrs 20 min||4|
- Channa dal/Bengal gram (split) – 1 cup
- Dill leaves – ¼ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 pearl
- Ginger – small chunk
- Green chilli – 1
- Fennel seeds/ saunf – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 (small)
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Oil – for deep frying
* 1 cup = 160 ml
How to make Dill leaves vada with step by step images
- Wash and soak channa dal/bengal gram/kadalai paruppu in water for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours drain water from channa dal. In a blender add channa dal, green chilli, saunf, cumin seeds, salt, ginger and garlic. Grind it coarse without adding any water. Transfer it to a bowl. Now to the ground vada mixture add rice flour chopped onion, curry leaves, salt and rice flour. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now take small portion of the mixture, make it into round shape, then flatten it pressing it gently with palm.
- Now drop it preheated oil one by one and cook in medium flame to get even browning and cooked inside. When done transfer it to a plate with paper towel and serve it hot with hot chai/Coffee!