Tawa pizza/ Stove top pizza an extremely easy to do and hassle free recipe that tastes just like baked one is a must have recipe recipe. Tawa pizza can be easily made even by beginners as it involves no special technique or cumbersome process and can be made on those days when you don’t want to bake anything yet wish to to taste those recipes that are baked. This tawa pizza used to be to go recipe before I bought oven in India, but still remains my favorite and recipe when I want to make quick pizza without using my OTG. I have explained every possible detail along with pictures to make it understandable and easy to prepare as the recipe is from scratch, yes the recipe includes the making of pizza base so you can use the same recipe for baking too. The below mentioned quantity for toppings are just for guidance and they can be altered or different veggies of your choice can be used. Also the size of the pizza depends on the size of tawa so i made 5 inch pizza to fit my pan, you can make bigger, smaller, or bite sized ones according to your preference. So lets get to the making!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Water – ¾ cup
- Yeast – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp +1 tsp (for sauteing veggies)
Ingredients For topping
- Tomato sauce/ Pizza sauce – ¾ cup
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
- Sweet corn – ¼ cup (cooked)
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Chopped tomato – ¼ cup
- Chopped capsicum – ½ cup (I used both green and orange)
- Red chili flake – as needed (optional)
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make tawa pizza with step by step images
- Take ¾ cup warm water in a cup, add yeast and sugar. Mix well and keep it aside undisturbed for 10 minutes until frothy.
- Now in a bowl add all purpose flour, salt, oil and frothy yeast mixture. Mix everything well and knead it into soft dough. ( I required 1 tbsp water more for making dough). Cover the dough and keep it aside for an hour. (This rest time will help dough to double in size and will create aeration)
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan, add the chopped veggies and saute for a minute. When they look sauteed put off the flame and keep the veggies aside.
- After an hour you will notice the dough doubled in size as shown in first picture of the collage. Now knead it once gently. Divide the dough into small/ medium sized dough balls according to the size of pan that you will use. I used a small pan so made balls accordingly.
- Now flatten the dough ball into small circle/ medium circle depending on the size of the pan. Do not roll it thin. Now using a fork make holes on the flattened dough, this prevents in puffing of the dough when cooking.
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled pizza dough. Put the flame to low and cover it with a lid. Cook for 1 minute, then flip it gently.
- Now cover it with lid again and cook for 1 minute in low flame. When done flip the pizza base to the fron t side and add tomato sauce/ pizza sauce. Now spread a tablespoon sauce over the pizza base. I used around 1 tbsp sauce for 5 inch pizza, size of palm.
- Now add mozzarella cheese as first layer and top it with veggies of your choice as final layer. Now cook the pizza in low flame with lid on. It Should take around 2 minutes. When cheese has melted and when pizza looks done remove from oven and sprinkle chili flakes before serving! Repeat the process till all the dough is complete.