So what is this? A cake or ice cream or bread? Will it be cold? How will it taste?
Well its all three in one!
Ice cream bread/ Ice cream cake is a super soft and spongy bread/cake that is made with just 2 ingredients and the key ingredient will be ICE CREAM! Yes you heard it right! This is a bread cum cake made with ice cream and flour. Do not judge it as it is overloaded with taste than it actually looks. So how did this happen in the kitchen? Is it something new to us? No!
Whenever we have ice cream leftover at home this happens. So I had big box of store bought ice cream which was unused in my lil one’s party, reserved it for the spring and summer as the ice cream lasts for longer time. Between I kept making cold stuff at home too and since the flavor of the store bought ice cream was vanilla no one was really interested in tasting it too and the climate was on and off every alternate day, so happened to bake it as I have already done this twice earlier but with different flavors. Trust me this cake is so easy to prepare as it involves just mixing of 2 ingredients then bake, also tasty just like eating ice cream in cake form without any oozing and mess. The highlight point is that it can be made with any flavors and can be topped with any sprinklers/ nuts/ dry fruits of your choice. Only think is non diary and low fat ice cream don’t work well but any other ice cream will work. If you need some sugar it can be added in the recipe accordingly to your taste. So my dear viewers try this simple, quick and yummy cake if you have ice cream leftovers and surprise your audience!
[sam id=”1″ codes=”true”]
- Ice cream – 1 cup (softened and any flavor)
- All purpose flour/ Self rising flour- ¾ cup
- Oil- ¼ tsp (to grease pan)
- Chocolate chips – 2 tbsp (optional)
* 1 cup = 160 ml
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]
How to make ice cream cake with step by step images
- Preheat oven at 375 F. In a bowl add softened ice cream and allow purpose flour. Mix well until combined.
- Keep mixing and it form a smooth cake batter.
- Grease a cake pan/ loaf pan with few drops of oil. Now pour the cake batter in the cake pan/ loaf pan. Add chocolate chips/ any sprinklers/ nuts as toppings depending on the ice cream flavor.
- Now place the loaf pan in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. When done insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake, if it come out clean the cake is done, if not bake for few more minutes.
- Now invert the loaf pan and allow the cake to cool down in a cooking rack. When the cake has cooled down slice it into desired shapes using knife and serve it!
Commonly asked questions:
- Any flavor ice cream can be used.
- Only softened ice cream works well, do not use ice cream directly from fridge or do not use ice-cream that is melted.
- Sugar can be added according to your taste, but lesser the quantity the better.
- Any toppings can be used according to your choice.
- Non diary and low fat ice cream will not work for this recipe.