Cauliflower capsicum masala/ Gobi capsicum masala is a very colorful, flavorful and yummy dish prepared by cooking cauliflower in onion tomato based spicy masala. Adding capsicum gives crunchiness to this dish in addition to taste and flavors. I have added 4 colors of capsicum to give a visual treat to eyes and to make it more appetizing, but you can opt to use just one color or all 4 according to your preference. This simple, easy and quick masala takes very less time to prepare and also demands very basic ingredients making it easy for even beginners to cook. This masala can be accompanied with roti, chapati or seven rice.
- Cauliflower florets – 10 to 12
- Red capsicum – ¼ cup
- Green capsicum – ¼ cup
- Orange capsicum – ¼ cup
- yellow capsicum – ¼ cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp (for garnish)
How to make Cauliflower capsicum masala with step by step images
- Heat water in a pot, add little salt and cauliflower florets. Blanch them in water and drain the water and keep the blanched florets aside.
- Chop capsicum into cubes and keep it aside. Chop onion and tomato finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds after it crackles add chopped onion. Saute well until turns translucent. Now add ginger garlic paste to it and saute well till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste.
- Now add chopped tomato, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and allow the tomatoes to get cooked.
- When the tomatoes look cooked add the chopped capsicum cubes and saute well for a minute.
- Now add the blanched cauliflower to it and and mix well till the cauliflower is coated well in the masala. Cover it with a lid and cook the cauliflower in medium flame. This should take about 5 minutes.
- When cauliflower looks cooked finally add chopped cilantro and put off the flame. Serve it hot with chapati, roti or rice!